If I ask you how many types of fabric in this world? You can hardly say about 10 or 12 types. But you will be amazed if I say that there are 200+ types of fabric in this world. Different types of fabric has different type of uses. Some of them are new and some of them are age old fabric.
Different Types of Fabric and Their Uses:
In this article we will know about 5 types of fabric and their uses-
16. Taffeta fabric: Woven fabric. It is manufactured from different type of fibre such as rayon, nylon or silk. Taffeta is widely used to manufacture women’s garments.
17. Stretch fabric: Speciality fabric. It is a normal fabric which starches in all four directions. It came in mainstream in 1990s and widely used in making sportswear.
18. Rib stitch knit fabric: Knitted fabric usually made of cotton, wool, cotton blend or Acrylic. Made for ribbing found in lower edges of sweater, at necklines, on sleeve cuffs etc.
19. Raschel knit fabric: Knitting fabric made of filament or spun yarns of different weights and types. It used as unlined material of coats, jackets, dresses etc.
20. Quilted fabric: Woven fabric. It can be blend of wool, cotton, polyester, silk many more. It is used to make bags, clothing, mattresses etc.